Roasted Chicken with Apple and Brussel Sprouts Slaw
Bottle red IPA
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
Brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed
Large Honey crisp apples, cored and julienned
Roasted Chicken with Slaw
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the chicken well and dry both the inside and outside well with paper towel.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper and place on a roasting pan. Add Rickard's Red IPA to the roasting pan (optional)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown. An instant read thermometer should read 160 degrees Fahrenheit when inserted into the thigh.
- Remove from oven and let rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and honey until well combined. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking continuously until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using the thinnest blade disc attachment of your food processor, thinly shave and slice the Brussels sprouts. Alternately, slice the Brussels sprouts thinly with a sharp knife.
- Place the shredded Brussels sprouts in a large salad bowl and add the chopped apple.
- Dress the salad with the vinaigrette, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with the roast chicken.
© 2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada, for more beer & food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca.
What beer did you pair with this recipe? Let us know using the hashtag #CheersCanada.